green mama

green mama

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday



Works for me Wednesday

Today is a "doesn't Work for me Wednesday"

In honor of Mother's Day, I thought I would share my favorite Mother's Day gift. We all love flowers, but they fade. We all love chocolates, but we know where they go. We all love stuff *ahem*, but don't we have enough? None of these things work for me. However....

My parents split when I was five, so my dad was never around to give my mother anything. I am certain there were, sadly, Mother's Day holidays that came and went without my mother even getting a "Happy Mother's Day" wish. However, I do remember when we were a little older, my little sister and I would make her coupon books. You know the type, one good for a back massage, one good for dusting, etc.

My mother is still single, and we live in the same town again. Now that I have little ones of my own, I still like to make those coupon books. We color and decorate them as a family. However now they read things like..."Good for one afternoon of lawn care" and "Good for a weekend of heavy lifting" or "Good for one room painted"

The whole family heads over to Nana's house, and we have fun helping each other. She gets those things done that she has a hard time doing herself, and we get to spend some quality time together. An added bonus, the coupons never sit on a shelf collecting dust! Works for me. (Just wish the hubby would catch on! I'll take one of those books myself)

Check out more Works for Me Wednesday here.

1 comment:

mzzterry said...

Beautiful idea. Thanks for sharing.