green mama

green mama

Friday, May 9, 2008

Hazard Pay


I always love the news blurbs about how much a stay-at-home mom is worth, no matter how many times I hear it. For some reason it makes me feel appreciated, even if we are talking immaginary dollars. I heard it on the radio again this morning, on the way to the doctor's office. According to salary.com, they said, the average stay-at-home mom is worth the $100,000 range.

I went on salary.com and they have a calculator that will let you imput a few of your specifics. My resulting paycheck is $117,104. How do you stack up?

Wouldn't it be nice if this were the case? I sincerly believe those of us that choose to take care of our children are saints, whether it be the stay-at-home mom, the daycare provider, teacher, school bus driver, ect.

I heard this broadcast on the way to the doctor's office this morning, where I had to wait an hour in the waiting room with my 2 year old and my darling 4 month old daugthers. Anxiously awaiting the time when our name gets called, so we can be taken back to another room where we wait another 45 minutes for someone to see us. They are "understaffed today". Once someone does come in my 2 year old gets to watch as they stick three needles, one right after another, in the legs of her screaming baby sister. All while mom helplessly holds her down. I want Hazard Pay.

No comments: