green mama

green mama

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Getting GREEN

Just a little reminder....GREEN= Getting Responsible for Earth, Environment and Nature.

I like the "getting" responsible part, it reminds me that it just takes baby steps to get to where I want to be. Each day I take a moment to think of the ways that I can be better TODAY.

Being green is more than just recycling, eating organic and avoiding the plastic bag.

Being green is about making choices to support small businesses, support companies with a social conscious and to buy locally or buy fair trade. It is about helping yourselves and helping you neighbors. It is about the example we are setting for our children. It is about charitable giving. Green living to me is about making the right choice for our community and for my family.

I know that being green is super hip right now and that's great but lets make green not just the new black but also a new way to live and a new way to inspire. Everybody's doing it.

No comments: